Youth Savings Program
Save Early for a Brighter Future
Teaching your child the importance of saving early will set them on the path to financial success. With a Pima Federal youth savings account, your child will learn how to be smart and responsible with their money.
Youth Savings Accounts
With a $5 opening deposit, our youth savers earn 3.00% APY on balances up to $999.99*
Good Grades Program
Youth account members are eligible to bring in their semester report card to any credit union employee. For every "A", "E", or "4" (or equivalent of), Pima Federal will deposit $2 into their savings account. There is a $20.00 maximum per school year. The following requirements must be met before funds are deposited into the youth member's account:
- Must be an elementary, middle, or high school student with an active Pima Federal Youth Account in good standing.
- Show or provide a copy of report card, transcript, etc. to verify student's grades.
- We will accept report cards twice every year. Fall report cards (August - December) are due by January 31st each year. Spring report cards (January - May) are due by June 30th each year.
Each year, Pima Federal awards four $2,000 education awards to graduating high school seniors from Pima and Apache counties. Members of Pima Federal who will be pursuing higher education in the fall are encouraged to apply.
Congratulations to the 2018 Education Award recipients!
Application information for the 2019 Education Award will be available in the spring of 2019.
Exclusive Youth Account Perk
As a proud partner of the Tucson Roadrunners, we’re excited to present the Little Saver of the Game experience again this season! This opportunity is exclusively for youth members of Pima Federal and is one of the many ways we reward our little savers. For every Tucson Roadrunners home game there will be one Little Saver of the Game who enjoys a VIP experience at the game and also receives $2 for every Roadrunners’ save.
Each Little Saver of the Game will receive an in-game experience that includes:
- 2 tickets to the selected game
- VIP entry with an opportunity to meet Dusty the Roadrunner
- PA Announcement of Little Saver name & photo on the big screen
- $2 deposited into the youth savings account for every Tucson Roadrunners' save
If you would like your child to be considered as a Little Saver of the Game, fill out the request form below.